Modelling - Day 8


I have made two cushions, one for the chair and one for the crib and have put them in place. I did this as I said I would, by using the soft select tool. Next I need to texture them. I am still unable to find any help regarding producing a realistic fabric texture or shader, I think I will have to use the knowledge I have recently developed to experiment with creating one.


I decided that I was going to give myself a challenge by attempting to make a 'lace' cushion. I decided the get a lace texture which I was going to use as the bump map for the overall texture. I used a white blinn and altered the reflectivity and this was the result. 



I am really pleased with the result as it is exactly what I was aiming for. I have proved to myself that I am able to produce good quality textures from my own knowledge without having to find guidance or tutorials, not that there is anything wrong with that but I feel that this shows I am truly learning and developing my skills. 

No comments:

Post a Comment