Modelling - Day 7


I decided to attempt to make a wall for the outside of the nursery as some of the shots will be from an outside view. I have attempted a brick wall before but haven't achieved results that I was pleased with however I have learnt a lot about texturing and bump maps already during this project so I decided to apply the skills that I have learnt. I built a wall shape and found a wall texture. I photoshopped the wall texture to use as a bump map to add depth to the texture.



 I created a lambert and inserted the brick wall texture in the colour section. I then created a layered texture where I placed the black and white bump under the 'alpha' section. I then attached the layered texture as a bump map for the brick wall lambert and this was my result.


I am pleased with this result, the wall will unfortunately not be in direct sunlight so the detail won't be entirely visible but I would definitely say this is my best 'brick wall' to date. This has proved that I am developing my skills and am able to use my initiative more often concerning the method.

Next, I decided to think about placing a chair into my scene. I have previously modelled a chair of which I have not used. I spent a while on this particular chair so I decided to include it, obviously I made some adjustments such as the texture.

I followed a tutorial around a year ago that inspired me to produce realistic environments, the tutorial was lengthy and complex however it showed me that I was able to achieve realistic results as I was surprised by the final product.

The tutorial can be found here: http://cg.tutsplus.com/tutorials/autodesk-maya/model-and-texture-a-posh-living-room-scene-in-maya/

I decided to make the chair Lilac to tie within the colour theme of my nursery and here is the result:



I think the chair fits in well within the scene. Next, I am going to model a cushion for the chair as it looks a bit bare. I am going to create a square polygon and use the soft select tool to manipulate it into a cushion shape.










No comments:

Post a Comment