Modelling - Day 6

Next, I will be focussing on the baby mobile for the crib. I think this is important as it is a small detail that will at to the reality of the scene. Obviously, I had to gather reference for this. 


I have not been looking forward to modelling this as I wasn't entirely sure how I was going to do it however I manipulated polygon cylinders and applied a white blinn to give the mobile a white plastic appearance as most mobiles are plastic. I then created a moon and a star and applied a similar texture to the towels. 



I would say that my project is coming along well and I am about half way in the process of the production of my nursery scene. Here are some shots of how it is looking so far:



Obviously there are still some things that needs to be done but I have also added trees into the 'garden'. I inserted trees using Maya's PaintEffects as oppose to projecting an image onto a flat plane as I feel it gives depth and adds to the realism. I have also created a simple garden fence to ensure that the background is believable. 


This took three minutes to render! This is why I am not a fan of paint effects.. But because it is in the background it doesn't effect the nursery too much and it definitely adds depth to the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment