Modelling - Day 5

I have added more towels and modelled some decorative storage boxes. I have also downloaded and used a model of a bear and a model of Pikachu, these will be the only downloaded models, as well as my characters that I will be using in the production of my animation. The reason for this is that I do not think that my character modelling skills are strong enough and would jeopardise the quality of the final production and would fall short of the quality that I am aiming for. Ultimately, my goal is to pursue a career within 3D environments and am using this project as an opportunity to showcase these particular skills and not my character modelling skills.

This is a shot of the drawers, towels, storage boxes and toys. I have also added a skirting board which was incredibly simple.


I am really pleased with my progress and am constantly getting feedback from my peers and others for my work which has all been positive so far. I am feel like I am gaining a lot from this project, I am developing my skills and abilities as well as my confidence in my work of which is encouraging me to aim higher. 

I think that the small details are important when attempting to create a realistic environment. I have been closely studying rooms in my own house for example for the small details such as the skirting board, light switches and plug sockets. 


Next, I decided to model a bookcase and some books, the room looks slightly empty and it is a typical object that people have in their home. I created the bookcase from a polygon cube again using the edge loop tool and extruding the faces. I then created the book by using a polygon cube that I moulded into a rectangle and placed inside the cover which I made by using the polygon torus tool and manipulating it. I then created a shader by applying a texture and a bump map. I also created some letter blocks as an ornament to contribute to the ambience. 


The rendering time is at 38 seconds per frame at the moment. I would say that this isn't too bad at this stage considering the animation will only be a minute long however the scene is still not complete so I will have to be aware of this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment