Modelling - Day 3

I am pleased with my progress so far and have already surprised myself with my abilities which has given me a boost. I particularly enjoy the process of creating a 3D environment as a concept can be produced to such a standard where sometimes i'm not even sure if they are produced using a 3D program. I decided to research 'photo-realistic 3d rooms' and came across some astounding results which inspired me to push myself to their level. 



These images were produced with the 3D software 3dsMax and the renderer V-Ray which has made me realise that perhaps using these softwares would have allowed me to achieve an even higher level of photo-realism and I do feel that I wish I had decided to use them. However, I do feel that at this time it would be a mistake for me to attempt to learn how to use 3dsMax and V-Ray to their full potential as well as produce my animation to my highest standard before the deadline. I find this disappointing but I will learn from this and in future in my spare time, I will learn how to use 3dsMax and V-Ray to discover what I am able to produce. 

Despite this, I am not going to let this effect the quality that I am aiming for. I decided to search for the best way to make curtains using ncloth and found many useful tutorials that showed me how to model curtains and how to use the cloth to make the curtains blow in the wind. Here is the tutorial I used: 


Once I had made the curtain I had to repeat the steps for each curtain as when I duplicated the curtain the ncloth attributes did not follow however by repeating the process I am confident about creating moving curtains with constraints. 


I am experimenting with shaders and textures for the curtains. I have made a shader that is slightly translucent however, I think that this would be more appropriate for perhaps a blind or netting. 



I have been thinking about how to produce a realistic wall shader and what better reference than the wall right next to me which is a matte magnolia colour therefore I decided to attempt to achieve this. I used the mia_material and altered the colour to magnolia and adjusted the settings such as the reflectivity to achieve a realistic wall. The bumps on the wall aren't visible from a distance, I did experiment with using a bump map but the results weren't great and felt that this was good enough. 




No comments:

Post a Comment